The Downstream Engineering division of Willbros Group, Willbros Engineers, LLC, specializes in services to the petroleum refining, chemicals, petrochemicals, and bulk storage terminal industries.
We are a process-oriented design firm with licensed professionals in all disciplines (process-chemical; mechanical; civil; structural; electrical; and instrumentation-control systems). Willbros Engineers, LLC provides comprehensive services, from front-end engineering through detailed design, project management, procurement, construction management, and commissioning/startup. Our professional land surveying department self-performs high-definition 3-D laser scanning, with owned equipment.
Willbros provides comprehensive engineering services for our clients, from front-end engineering, through start-up and construction management:
- Development, Conceptual Design, Front-End Engineering
- Permitting / Environmental Engineering
- Definitive Engineering Design and Drafting in all Disciplines
- Project Engineering
- Project Management, Estimating, Scheduling, Project Controls
- Field Engineering and Construction Liaison
- Surveying (Boundary, Topographic, Hydrographic; Construction Layout)
- High-Definition Laser Scanning
As part of Willbros Downstream Business Unit, InServ, we also have the capability to provide comprehensive Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) and other specialty services to our clients in the industrial sector.
Willbros has expertise, experience and licensed professionals in all disciplines of engineering
- Instrumentation / Controls
We have specialized capabilities in the following areas:
- Integrated Advanced Process Controls (IAPC)
- Safety Instrumented Systems / Process Safety Work - Complete SIS services including from facilitating HAZOPs (Hazard and operability Study), facilitating LOPA (Layer of Protection Analysis), performing SIL (Safety Integrity Level) assessments, and preparing Safety System Specifications.
- Process Hazard Analysis - Highly experienced facilitators and scribes with experience in the full range of Process Hazard Analysis services
- Marine Vapor Control (MVC) - U.S. Coast Guard "Certifying Entity" design, certification and re-certification of more than 150 MVC systems. Design experience includes various destruction methods (thermal oxidizer, flare, enclosed flare) and vapor recovery technologies (carbon absorption, refrigeration, water scrubbers).
High-Definition, 3-D Laser Scanning
High Definition 3D Scanning has become the "standard" for revamp projects
Willbros provides 3D scanning, utilizing our in-house Leica HDS6000 equipment and in-house personnel with training and experience in this technology.
Through the use of 3D scanning, Willbros has the ability to collect plant as-built conditions; and provide a common point of reference for all disciplines during development and design of retrofit projects.
Willbros Laser Scanning Services
- Determine as built conditions and locations within existing units;
- Develop demolition drawings, if required;
- Assist in the development of piping isometrics;
- Determine piping tie-in locations;
- Provide a common point of existing data for each discipline.
Willbros Quality Control Process for Scanning Services
- Inhouse Survey Team independently verifies plant grid monuments and ground control (if available) or establishes project-specific TBM (Temporary Benchmark) and coordinates.
- Survey and laser scan targets are placed together throughout the unit, to establish data control for cross-checking.
- Our professional in-house procurement department has the knowledge and experience to procure goods and services in the most timely, cost-effective manner, while meeting our clients' purchasing and contracting requirements.
- Full service procurement including sourcing, contracting, purchasing, expediting, transportation, coordination of inspections, invoice reconciliation, and time and expense tracking.
- Bid management services for both open and sealed bid processes.
- Vendor identification, qualification and selection services.
- Purchasing with client commitments or with Willbros commitments.
- Extensive experience with SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Solid relationships with many industrial equipment vendors, manufacturers, constructors and service providers. Willbros is approved and qualified for credit with 200+ major suppliers and distributors.
Willbros has developed Best-in-Class project management, project controls and reporting practices, which we employ on a routine basis for our clients.
- Project Planning / Scheduling
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Project Cost Tracking
- Reporting and Graphics
- Risk Analysis
- Development and Maintenance of Historical Cost and Schedule Data
- State of the Art Technology and Capabilities Integrated with Multi-Discipline Engineering
Willbros offers detailed planning, resource-loaded scheduling, and Earned Value, deliverable-based progress reporting of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services.
We provide Total Installed Cost (TIC) project estimates accompanied by resource-loaded schedules utilizing Icarus (IPM) Estimating Software and Construction Industry Specification (CIS) commercial estimating formats. Primavera Project Planner (P3.1 and 6.1) is the Willbros standard for project scheduling. We also use Microsoft's Project Planner as a scheduling system upon a client's request.
Willbros has provided land surveying services since 1983. The survey department includes licensed Professional Land Surveyors (PLS) in LA, MS, AL, and beyond.
- Field surveys, Computer Aided Drafting, survey consulting for private and public landowners
- Survey support for design engineering and architecture
- Construction project layout and inspection
- Topographic surveying
- Our survey crews are equipped with the latest in surveying equipment and technology, including:
- Electronic total stations with onboard data collection
- Computer Aided drafting system for field to finish handling of survey data
- Centimeter accurate Global Positioning System (GPS) unit
- In-house program to maintain calibration
- State of the art surveying software including EaglePoint, TDS Foresight DXM, Ashtech Solutions, AutoCAD and Microstation
- Leica HDS6000 scanning equipment
We also have extensive experience in hydrographic surveying services. We perform hydrographic surveys and dock condition surveys on an annual or regular basis for a number of industrial plants in the Mississippi River Region. We utilize Company-owned vessels, recording fathometer and numerous other location devices to provide accurate, repeatable hydrographic survey information in a cost-effective manner. Our Company carries Excess Maritime Liability insurance coverage, for the protection of our personnel and our clients in the performance of marine-related services.